Chief Black Hawk Site
Marker near the original grave site of Chief Black Hawk. It is located on the North side ot the Des Moines river, east of Eldon,Iowa. The stone house next to it was built for the lock tender to live in when they were planning on putting locks and dams on the Des Moines River before the railroads came through.
"The grave of the Chief Black Hawk is upon the SE ¼ of Sec 2." Willard Barrows, October 30, 1843, T70N R12W (Davis County)